WHAT IS AYURVEDA?
Ayurveda is a holistic health care system often called the “Mother of all healing”. Ayurveda is the science of life and longevity”, embodying physical balance, emotional peace, mental health, environmental mindedness and spiritual development.
Ayurveda is a holistic system which promotes health and vitality using natural, organic and non-toxic substances for healing, recognizing the interconnectedness of the body, mind and emotion.
Ayurveda is a healing aspect of Yoga, while Yoga is the spiritual aspect of Ayurveda.
Ayurveda is both systematized knowledge and practical wisdom, an art of complete and holistic healthy living.
Ayurveda places great emphasis on its prevention and self-healing care system.
WHY IT IS TIME TO LEARN AYURVEDA NOW?
Modern world has fast paced, stressful life style resulting in imbalance causing early death, diseases or unhealthy body
Creating a healthier lifestyle and body is imperative for health and longevity. There is a constant need for guidance and counseling on Holistic health, Diet and Lifestyle
Today, awareness of holistic living is rapidly increasing and the benefits are experienced by many Americans and people across the world
AIA presents a unique opportunity to everyone who can offer self-help as well as assist friends, families and community in professional holistic healing services
Five top reasons on why to choose AIA
1. Authenticity - We offer the highest level of Authentic Ayurveda Education
2. Expert Faculties – Our faculty are world’s leading Ayurvedic Physicians/Researchers, with excellent teaching experience.
3. Convenience - We offer Various learning options – Stand-alone, Regular, Audit options
4. Flexible options - Attend in-class or virtually in-class through Live Stream. One Weekend (Sat-Sun) in a month.
5. Depth and Comprehensiveness - Includes class room sessions, notes/slides, hands on workshops, and clinical guidance.
Knowledge of Ayurveda
EVENTS AND WORKSHOPS
Event: Inauguration and Open House
Please join us at the Open House and Inauguration event:
When: Sat Oct 24, 2015; @10 AM to 12 PM
Where: 1404 W Walnut Hill Ln, Suite # 104, Irving, Texas, 75038
Please mark your calendars. Appreciate your overwhelming support and response.
Sat Oct 24, 10 AM to 12 PM at:
About AIA and programs offered, please visit us at :http://www.americaninstituteofayurveda.com/
Come, join the program and empower yourself with the knowledge of Ayurveda.
Individuals applying for this course are required to-
An interview with an admissions counselor
Be at least 18 years of age (applicants under the age of 18 require written permission from a parent or legal guardian in order to enroll) Present proof of secondary education (high school diploma or GED certificate).
In the event the applicant is unable to provide proof of secondary education, achieve a passing score on the Standard skill test
STEPS IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Submission of Application : Along with the $100 application fee, made out to American Institute of Ayurveda. Click here to download the Application Form
- Review of Student Application by School Administrators and Faculty
- Interview with prospective Student
- Response to the Application – Written email/letter confirmation from AIA
- Within 14 days of Acceptance, completion of the Enrollment Form.
- Signing of Enrollment – Enrollment form signed and mailed, along with an initial payment of $500.00 made out to the “America Institute of Ayurveda LLC” to secure a seat in the School of Ayurveda Program
Why Learn at AIA?
AIA offers Ayurveda programs for self-care, alternative health professionals and educators
AIA training program is based on the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) Benchmarks for training in traditional / complementary and alternative medicine: benchmarks for training in Ayurveda. The program is also approved by Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (AAPNA), Inc. and National Ayurvedic Medical Association – (NAMA)
AYURVEDA LIFESTYLE CONSULTANT
- Fundamentals of Ayurveda (Ayurveda cosmology & philosophy)
- Sharir Vignyan(Ayurvedic Anatomy & Physiology ) Part I
- Sharir Vignyan(Ayurvedic Anatomy & Physiology ) Part II
- Manas Roga (Ayurveda Psychology)
- Ayurveda Aharavigyana (Ayurvedic Nutrition and Food Science)
- Dravvyaguna (Ayurveda Herbology )
- Ayurveda Yoga Principles
- Swastha Vritta (Ayurvedic Prevention Science)
- Prakruti Parikshana & Nadi vidgyanya(Ayurvedic constitutional health & pulse evaluation)
- Panchakarma I (Ayurvedic Detoxification Program I)
- Wellness Solution and Integration of Practice
- Ayurvedic Practice Management / Ayurvedic Colloquium
2 terms in 12 months. Each term will be of 6 months with 6 classes.
TUITION AND FEES
Tuition : $5,500 (Tuition plans available)
Registration : $100
India visit (optional) for Hands-on and practical clinical experiences: Our students can take the benefit of our affiliations in Kerala-India for advanced and practical experience to gain the clinical exposure. These experiential trips are scheduled for 3-4 weeks – this will be an additional cost to the students.
ALC - Class of 2017
Year 2016: Jun 4 & 5,Jul 23 & 24,Aug 20 & 21,Sept 17 & 18,Oct 1 & 2,Nov 19 & 20
Year 2017: Jan 7 & 8,Jan 21 & 22,Feb 18 & 19,Mar 18 & 19,Apr 8 & 9,May 20 & 21
ALC - Class of 2018
Year 2017: Sep 2 & 3,Oct 14 & 15,Nov 11 & 12,Dec–Kerala advanced studies
Year 2018: Jan 13 & 14,Jan 26,27 & 28, Feb 10 & 11,Mar 10 & 11,Apr 14 &15
May 12 & 13, Jun 12 & 13, Jul 14 & 15, Aug 11 & 12
Lifestyle Coaching CLASS dates (All Wednesdays):
Year 2017: Nov 22
Year 2018: Jan 24, Feb 7, Feb 21, Mar 21, Apr 25, May 23, Jun 20, Jul 25, Aug 22
- Vikruti Vignyan (Ayurvedic Pathology)
- Advance Panchakarma and Marma Therapy
- Dravyaguna Vignyan II (Ayurvedic Materia Medica II) & Bhaishajya Kalpana (Ayurvedic Herbal Formulations)
- Therapeutic Yoga, Pranayama & Meditation for Ayurvedic Practitioners
- Ayurveda Subtle Therapies and Nadi Vignyanium(Pulse Examinations)
- Ayurvedic Protocols I Pranavah, Annavaha, & Udakavaha strotas (Respiratory & Digestive Systems) Wellness solutions
- Ayurvedic Protocols II – Rasavaha & Raktavaha strotas (Lymphatic, Blood & Skin Systems) Wellness Solutions
- Ayurvedic Protocols III – Mamsavaha & Medovaha strotas (Muscular and Fat Metabolism Systems) Wellness Solutions
- Ayurvedic Protocols IV – Asthivaha & Majjavaha strotas (Skeletal & Nervous Systems) Wellness Solutions
- Ayurvedic Protocols V – Shukravaha & artavavaha strotas (Reproductive System) Wellness Solutions
- Ayurvedic Protocols VI – Balaroga, Jaravyadhi (Pediatric, Geriatric & Rejuvenative Protocols) Wellness Solutions
- Ayurvedic Protocols VII – Urdhvajatrugata (Ear, Nose, Throat, Eye) wellness solutions
PROGRAM SCHEDULE2 terms in 12 months. Each term will be of 6 months with 6 classes.
TUITION AND FEES
Tuition : $6,500
Registration : $100
Our students can take the benefit of our affiliations in Kerala-India for advanced and practical experience to gain the clinical exposure. These experiential trips are scheduled for 3-4 weeks – this will be an additional cost to the students.
AP - Class of 2018
Year 2017: Sep 2 & 3, Oct 21 & 22, Nov 18 & 19
Year 2018: Jan 20 & 21, Feb 17, 18, Mar 4, 5, Mar 17 & 18
Apr 21, 22, May 19 & 20, Jun 16 & 17, Jul 21 & 22, Aug 18 & 19
Diversified Learning class dates: (All Wednesdays)
Year 2017: Nov 29
Year 2018: Jan 31, Feb 28, Mar 14, Mar 28, May 2, May 30, Jun 27, Aug 1, Aug 29
Programs Coming soon:
- Vastu Shastra (Vedic Feng shui)
- Jyotish Shastra (Ayurvedic Medical Astrology)
- Gandharva Veda (Vedic Musical Therapy)
- Samskritam (Vedic Language)
Students will attend classes on one weekend (Saturday and Sunday) of every month for 12 months. Classes will be from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
AIA is glad to offer multiple "My learning Options” based on the needs of our Students.
- Regular Student option
- Audit Student option
- Stand-alone Student option
What is “Regular Student” option?
This is a comprehensive program option where Students are required to attend a year long course and receive complete credit and certification. Students are required to take Quizes, complete Homework and take the mid-term as well as final exam to receive the certification and final grade.
What is “Audit Student” option?
This option is for those who are interested in learning Ayurveda for self-help to grow their own knowledge and not interested in practicing as a Ayurveda Consultant. This program is suitable for those who do not want to give Quizzes, Homework, exams etc. Please note that “Audit Student” option will not earn any credit for program attended.
What is a “Stand alone Student” option?
This option is specially designed for those students who are not able to attend all 12 classes due to their schedule conflict but still want to have credit accumulated to complete the whole program over the period of time.
Students attend the program in class at our Learning center.
Specially offered to our students who are unable to travel and attend the in-class session at any point in time. However, restrictions do apply as some classes will need in-person attendance.
* Please note that all Program details, Venue, Dates or any information on this website may be changed by AIA without notification.
SHEKHAR ANNAMBHOTLABAMS, Master in Ayurveda. PA, USA
MEENAKSHI GUPTABAMS, Master in Ayurveda. TX, USA
GAURI JUNNARKARBAMS, RD TX, USA
SUHAS KSHIRSAGARBAMS, Master in Ayurveda. CA, USA
PRATIBHA SHAHBAMS, Master in Ayurveda, MPH MA, USA
VIVEK SHANBHAGBAMS, Master in Ayurveda, ND CA, USA
PRASHANTH ACHARYAPhD (Ayurveda) Bangalore, India
ASHWINIKUMAR RAUTBAMS. MD (Ayurveda) Mumbai, India
BAMS, Masters in Ayurveda, NC, HHP, RAS, BCIM
Ashlesha Raut is an Ayurveda practitioner and Nutritional consultant. She is a third generation Vaidya (Ayurveda Physician) who is classically trained in Ayurveda from Mumbai University, India. Vaidya Ashlesha Raut earned the distinctive honor and a gold medal for her post graduate dissertation work. She has been practicing Ayurveda for more than 15 years and has been an integral part of the Ayurveda healing community with a mission towards providing a Holistic Path for Wellness and Optimal Health through Ayurveda. She has a passion for teaching Ayurveda.
She is a teaching faculty at various Ayurveda schools in USA, Researcher, Speaker at many national and international Ayurveda Conference. Vaidya Ashlesha is presently a Director at Ayurveda For Healing and Main Street Yoga, Bloomington IL and Chair of CAC Council for Ayurveda Credentialing, USA.
BAMS, BA Vedanga Jyotish, Diploma in Vastushastra. RAS, BCIM, BCAAM
Dhanada Kulkarni is an Ayurvedic Practitioner and Master Yoga Therapist. She has been very active in promoting Ayurveda and other ancient Indian sciences at various forums in the USA over the last 12 years.
She serves on the Executive Board of several organizations. She has been faculty for many Ayurveda and Yoga organizations and Universities in USA and India. She has been an international keynote speaker, presenter and panel expert for many conferences. She is also known for presenting Ayurvedic solutions on various media groups such as radio Azad, EBC Radio, Asia TV.
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF AYURVEDA
1933 Frankford Rd E #180
Carrollton, TX 75007
Address for Communication
American Institute of Ayurveda LLC.
5716 Sicily Way,
Flower Mound, TX 75028